Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and Tobacco Use
Many people sign up for free help from Quitline to stop using tobacco, feel healthier and improve their productivity. If you enroll in the Quitline program, you will work with a specially trained Coach for several weeks to help you quit and stay quit for good. You may be eligible for free medications that will help you quit. Quitting smoking can be difficult, but it is one of the best ways you can protect you, your health, and your family’s health.简体中文 繁體中文 한국어 Tiếng Việt
What is the best way to quit?
How the Quitline Can Help You
The Quitline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and is FREE. Our Coaches are Tobacco Treatment Specialists here to listen, help you create a plan that works for you and find a medication to improve your chances of quitting. Your Coach can also give you tools to talk to your family and friends about how to help you chart a course to living a life free from cigarettes and tobacco. You can quit with help from the Quitline.
Why is Quitting Important?
- Having a healthier baby and supporting healthy child development by reducing toxic chemicals from secondhand smoke.
- Improves performance in school and at work when you no longer are dependent on nicotine to function.
- Quitting lowers the risk of chronic problems and improves quality of life for you and your family.
- Save money for things you care about like a better future for your children and grandchildren.
- Quitting can improve your family relations when family members see you quitting as a showing how much you care for them.
Things to consider when quitting
In many Asian American and Pacific Islander families, maintaining the health and productivity of family members is important. Smoking is highly addictive, and the negative effects influence your work or school performance, and the health of family members because of secondhand smoke. The good news is most people can and do quit! Getting help with quitting makes the process easier and increases your chance of quitting for good.
Quitting smoking can be difficult, but it is one of the best ways you can protect your health, and your family’s health and wellbeing for the future. Our Coaches have been trained to help you chart a path that will best meet your needs and help you be successful with quitting. The Quitline is here to help you!